Customize Consent Preferences

We use cookies to help you navigate efficiently and perform certain functions. You will find detailed information about all cookies under each consent category below.

The cookies that are categorized as "Necessary" are stored on your browser as they are essential for enabling the basic functionalities of the site. ... 

Always Active

Necessary cookies are required to enable the basic features of this site, such as providing secure log-in or adjusting your consent preferences. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data.

No cookies to display.

Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.

No cookies to display.

Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.

No cookies to display.

Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.

No cookies to display.

Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with customized advertisements based on the pages you visited previously and to analyze the effectiveness of the ad campaigns.

No cookies to display.

The news is by your side.

- Advertisement -

Hamburg Gunman Was Ex-member Of Jehovah’s Witnesses –Police Investigations

The gunman who shot dead seven people at a Jehovah’s Witnesses centre in the German city of Hamburg killed himself after police stormed the building, a local official said Friday, adding that a pregnant woman was among the victims.

The attacker fled to the first floor of the building after police burst in “and killed himself,” said regional interior minister Andy Grote, adding that the rapid police deployment likely “saved many lives.”

A woman who was seven months pregnant was among those killed, he added.

- Advertisement -

- Advertisement -

Eight people had been killed in the shooting at a Jehovah’s Witness centre in Hamburg, with the gunman  among the dead.

ALSO READ  CIVIL WAR: Russia Under Invasion By Wagner Group, As Putin Orders Criminal Case Against Rebels

The shooting also left eight people seriously injured.

The first emergency calls were made around 2015 GMT after shots rang out at the building in the city’s northern district of Gross Borstel, a police spokesman at the scene said.

- Advertisement -

The shooting also left eight people seriously injured.

The first emergency calls were made around 2015 GMT after shots rang out at the building in the city’s northern district of Gross Borstel, a police spokesman at the scene said.

Police tweeted that “several people were seriously injured, some even fatally” in the incident.

ALSO READ  Finland Becomes 31st Member Of NATO

“At the moment there is no reliable information on the motive of the crime,” police said, urging people not to speculate.

However police have now said that there was “no indication of terrorist motive” in the Hamburg shooting

 

 

 

SOURCE: AFP

 

 

Comments are closed.