Customize Consent Preferences

We use cookies to help you navigate efficiently and perform certain functions. You will find detailed information about all cookies under each consent category below.

The cookies that are categorized as "Necessary" are stored on your browser as they are essential for enabling the basic functionalities of the site. ... 

Always Active

Necessary cookies are required to enable the basic features of this site, such as providing secure log-in or adjusting your consent preferences. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data.

No cookies to display.

Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.

No cookies to display.

Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.

No cookies to display.

Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.

No cookies to display.

Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with customized advertisements based on the pages you visited previously and to analyze the effectiveness of the ad campaigns.

No cookies to display.

The news is by your side.

- Advertisement -

Succour For Isolo –  Ejigbo Corridor, As FG Award Reconstruction Of Road, Bars States From Intervening In Deplorable Federal Roads

The Federal Government has banned states from intervening in Federal Government owned roads irrespec­tive of their deplorable condition.

 

This is even as the government has awarded  contract for the reconstruction of the deplorable  NNPC junction through Isolo to Ejigbo corridors in Lagos State.

The Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, gave this indi­cation while giving details of what transpired at the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday, at the State House, Abuja.

- Advertisement -

- Advertisement -

Beyond this directive, Fash­ola said contract was awarded for the reconstruction of the Mushin-NNPC-Apapa-Os­hodi road, the road that goes through Isolo to Ejigbo, at the sum of N11,166,270,197.85 to Strabic Construction Compa­ny, with a completion period of 20 months.

ALSO READ  FUEL SCARCITY: LASTMA Cautions  Motorists Against Traffic Gridlock

He, however, gave the impression that demands by states for refund after intervention may have spurred council to ap­prove the decision for states to desist from such intervention.

But FEC approved that three states, Kebbi, Taraba and Yobe, be refunded the amount spent on repairing federal roads in their domains, espe­cially as such contracts were awarded prior to the inception of the current administration.

- Advertisement -

The latest directive from the presidency comes as many federal roads are in deplorable conditions across the country owing partly to the rainy sea­sons and heavy duty vehicles plying such roads.

ALSO READ  MONDAY MARKET: Borno Targets September For Reopening , Doles Out N1billion For Reconstruction

 

 

 

Commenting on the ban, he said, “Council approved the report and recommendation of a Council committee set up by the president in order to respond to demands by state governments for refunds on intervention made previously before this administration on federal roads”.

 

Fashola explained that the president subsequently issued the directive that there should be no more intervention by states on federal roads.

 

“There were some that had been done before the life of this administration. So there were three states, Kebbi, Yobe and Taraba.

 

ALSO READ  BREAKING: C.C. Agu Steps Down From CIOTA Presidential Election, Dosunmu, Obayendo Jostle For Top Spot

” I think on the 22nd of June, I reported that the claims for Yobe for N18.663 billion were approved. That left for those of Kebbi and Taraba states.

“ So today coun­cil approved N6.706 billion for Kebbi State and N2.470 billion for Taraba State.”

 

 

Comments are closed.