Customize Consent Preferences

We use cookies to help you navigate efficiently and perform certain functions. You will find detailed information about all cookies under each consent category below.

The cookies that are categorized as "Necessary" are stored on your browser as they are essential for enabling the basic functionalities of the site. ... 

Always Active

Necessary cookies are required to enable the basic features of this site, such as providing secure log-in or adjusting your consent preferences. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data.

No cookies to display.

Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.

No cookies to display.

Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.

No cookies to display.

Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.

No cookies to display.

Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with customized advertisements based on the pages you visited previously and to analyze the effectiveness of the ad campaigns.

No cookies to display.

The news is by your side.

- Advertisement -

LASG Revokes Operating License Of Queens Park Event Centre, Oniru For Contravening  COVID-19 Protocols

The Lagos State Government through the Ministry of Tourism Arts and Culture has revoked the license of Queens Park Event Centre, Oniru as the Lagos State Safety Commission also sealed the facility for contravening the COVID-19 protocols of the State.

 

The Commissioner for Tourism,  Pharm. Uzamat Akinbile Yussuf in a statement on Sunday, said the step to withdraw the license was taken in the best interest of the State and implored other event centres and venue owners to comply with the Government’s laid down directives otherwise risk loosing their chances of doing business in Lagos.

ALSO READ  Revamping National Theatre will Boost Lagos' Economy - Sanwo-Olu

 

 

She reiterated that the fight against the virus can only be successful if we all follow the laid down public health and safety protocols.

 

- Advertisement -

- Advertisement -

The Director-General, Lagos State Safety Commission, Mr. Lanre Mojola said it became necessary to take such steps following an event that was held at the venue on the 26th of December that contravened all safety protocols laid down by the State.

 

He also sounded a stern warning to all other event centers and venue owners that flout safety protocols in the State, that it is not business as usual.

ALSO READ  We'll Make Olumo Rock Tourism Destination Of Choice - Abiodun

 

- Advertisement -

As such, they should either fall in line with the State’s protocols or risk losing their license to operate in the State.

 

He further stated that the Commission has begun a legal process against some recalcitrant business owners who removed the government seal and continued operations.

 

He further stated that mass gatherings at restaurants, bars, cafes and public places without observing necessary safety guidelines will increase the spread of the virus and therefore urged the public to maintain and observe all the necessary safety precautions.

 

Finally, he sounded a note of warning to all Night Clubs, Bars and Lounges operating  against the States established safety protocol, that the State maintains zero tolerance towards those that do not abide by the regulations.

ALSO READ  LASG Makes Case For Community-Based Tourism

 

He maintained that people must take responsibility and urged all and sundry to co-operate with the government to effectively curtail the spread of the virus which is still very much with us.

 

Comments are closed.