Customize Consent Preferences

We use cookies to help you navigate efficiently and perform certain functions. You will find detailed information about all cookies under each consent category below.

The cookies that are categorized as "Necessary" are stored on your browser as they are essential for enabling the basic functionalities of the site. ... 

Always Active

Necessary cookies are required to enable the basic features of this site, such as providing secure log-in or adjusting your consent preferences. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data.

No cookies to display.

Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.

No cookies to display.

Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.

No cookies to display.

Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.

No cookies to display.

Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with customized advertisements based on the pages you visited previously and to analyze the effectiveness of the ad campaigns.

No cookies to display.

The news is by your side.

- Advertisement -

KURU KILLINGS: Gov. Lalong Warns Against Attack On Innocent Citizens, Begs Community To Increase Surveillance

Distressed by the killing of innocent citizens in Sabon Layi, Kuru in Jos South Local Government Area, Governor Simon Lalong has appealed to citizens to increase surveillance and intelligence gathering as well as collaborate with security agencies to foil such attacks which are carried out in a hit and run fashion by criminals who are bent on disturbing the peace of the State.

 

Dr. Makut Simon Macham, Director of Press & Public Affairs to the Governor of Plateau States, disclosed on Monday,14th June 2021 , in a statement.

 

Governor Simon Lalong who expressed disgust over the murderous incident which occurred on Sunday night in Sabon Layi Kuru, in Jos South Local Government and left 12 people dead and 5 critically injured, said these unprovoked and isolated attacks on soft targets must be stopped at all cost, as the Government will never allow few criminal elements to create fear in the hearts of the citizens.

ALSO READ  BREAKING: Supreme Court Strikes-Out PDP's Appeal Challenging President Buhari

 

- Advertisement -

- Advertisement -

During a visit to the scene to commiserate with the families of the victims and the Kuru community, the Governor who was represented by the Secretary to the Government of the State Prof. Danladi Atu condemned the attack describing those behind it as cowards who have no courage to face their victims for whatever grievances they might harbour against them.

 

- Advertisement -

He said irrespective of the motives behind the killings, the Government is treating it as a purely criminal activity and has directed security agencies to swiftly investigate, pursue, and arrest the perpetrators who must face justice.

ALSO READ  INSECURITY: Gov Abiodun Hands Over Patrol Vehicles To Enhance  JSIS Operations  

 

Atu who announced a donation by the Government for the treatment of those injured and the burial of the deceased, said the Government is injecting more equipment into the security apparatus to enhance their rapid response in crime prevention and investigation.

 

The Secretary to the Government thereafter held a meeting with the Gwom Rwei Kuru District, Da Patrick Mandung, community and youth leaders as well as the Management Committee Chairman, Jos South Local Government Area Hon. Gideon Dandereng who all appreciated the Government for its quick intervention and visit, promising to intensify intelligence gathering and fully cooperate with security agencies in unraveling those behind the killings.

ALSO READ  2 -DAY WARNING STRIKE:  NLC Directs Maritime Workers To Shutdown Port Operations , As Lalong Begs

 

They said despite the ugly incident, the spirit of the people will never be broken and their hospitality and tolerance will not change as they remain a peaceful community who embrace all people irrespective of their backgrounds and harbour no grudge against anyone.

 

 

Comments are closed.