Customize Consent Preferences

We use cookies to help you navigate efficiently and perform certain functions. You will find detailed information about all cookies under each consent category below.

The cookies that are categorized as "Necessary" are stored on your browser as they are essential for enabling the basic functionalities of the site. ... 

Always Active

Necessary cookies are required to enable the basic features of this site, such as providing secure log-in or adjusting your consent preferences. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data.

No cookies to display.

Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.

No cookies to display.

Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.

No cookies to display.

Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.

No cookies to display.

Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with customized advertisements based on the pages you visited previously and to analyze the effectiveness of the ad campaigns.

No cookies to display.

The news is by your side.

- Advertisement -

INSECURITY: Five  Maritime Workers Sustain Gunshots Injuries In Anambra , As Doctors Extract Bullets From Neck, Legs

Unknown gunmen have attacked five members of the Maritime Workers Union of Nigeria (MWUN) Seamen and Water Transport/NIWA branch, inflicting gunshot injuries on them.

 

It was gathered that the attack was unconnected to the sit  at home directive by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and the Eastern Security Network (ESN).

 

The workers were attacked on Wednesday 25th May 2022 on their way to an official assignment at Otu Junction, Nnewi South, Anambra State.

- Advertisement -

- Advertisement -

A female member of MWUN who was attacked by gunmen in Nnewi , Anambra State

 

President of the Branch, Comrade Sunday Avoseh told newsmen in Lagos three bullets were extracted by the doctors from the neck of one of the NIWA officials, rushed to the Nnewi General Hospital.

ALSO READ  JUST IN: Dockworkers To Shutdown Terminal Operations Over Lingering NJIC

 

He said, “They were travelling in their official NIWA branded Hilux when they were attacked on the reason that they strayed into Biafra land in a Nigeria branded sport utility vehicle.

 

*Three bullets were extracted by the medical team, from the neck of one of the officials rushed to the Nnewi General Hospital.

 

- Advertisement -

“At this very sensitive period in the life of Nigerians, we find the incessant, unprovoked and persistent attacks on innocent Nigerians and the working masses by those who claim to be unknown gunmen as not only extrajudicial and barbaric but also a pointer to the failure of the security apparatus and of the state to live up to its primary function of providing protection for its citizens.

ALSO READ  FG Approves Procurement Of Two Hydrographic Boats For NIWA

 

“Maritime Workers Union of Nigeria wishes to call on Government to live up to its primary duty of providing guaranteed security for its citizens especially working masses who must out of necessity move from one state of the country to another to conduct their business.

 

“This seeming insensitivity of Governments to the suffering plight of its citizens and the working masses is not only an affront to our need to survive but more on our right to life and existence.

One of the members of MWUN attacked by unknown gunmen in Nnewi,Anambra State

 

“The issue of unknown gunmen should be tackled to guarantee free and safe movements of citizens from one part of the country to another.”

ALSO READ  Maritime Workers Greet Muslims Faithfuls At Eid-Mubarak Celebration

 

Avoseh who commended the Managing Director of NIWA, Dr George Moghalu, for his prompt response which enabled quick medical assistance to the workers decried the incessant and unprovoked attacks on innocent Nigerians by those who claim to be unknown gunmen calling on government to live up to its responsibility of providing security for its citizens.

 

 

He called on the state government and security agencies in the state to need up security in furtherance to curb the menace of attack on innocent citizens.

 

 

Comments are closed.