Customize Consent Preferences

We use cookies to help you navigate efficiently and perform certain functions. You will find detailed information about all cookies under each consent category below.

The cookies that are categorized as "Necessary" are stored on your browser as they are essential for enabling the basic functionalities of the site. ... 

Always Active

Necessary cookies are required to enable the basic features of this site, such as providing secure log-in or adjusting your consent preferences. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data.

No cookies to display.

Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.

No cookies to display.

Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.

No cookies to display.

Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.

No cookies to display.

Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with customized advertisements based on the pages you visited previously and to analyze the effectiveness of the ad campaigns.

No cookies to display.

The news is by your side.

- Advertisement -

FPSO EXPLOSION UPDATE : SEPCOL Says No Reported Case Of Fatalities Onboard Trinity Spirit

Shebah Exploration & Production Company Ltd (SEPCOL) says there “are still no reported fatalities” after a fire engulfed its oil vessel, the Trinity Spirit FPSO located at the Ukpokiti Terminal in the early hours of Wednesday.

 

SEPCOL said it was working with relevant authorities and stakeholders to contain the situation and that an investigation had been launched to establish the cause of the fire.

 

“We can confirm that the fire burnt out completely as of Thursday afternoon, 3rd Feb. 2022 and this has enabled closer inspection of the vessel,” the statement said.

ALSO READ  AMJON/NSML 2024 FINANCE CONFERENCE: A Catalyst For Nigeria’s Blue Economy

 

- Advertisement -

- Advertisement -

- Advertisement -

“With this development, a Joint Investigation Visit (JIV) has been scheduled for Saturday, 5th February 2022 with the relevant authorities, stakeholders, and expert organisations.

 

“Currently, there are still no reported fatalities, and we continue prioritising investigations with respect to establishing the whereabouts, safety, and security of the ten crew members who were on board the vessel prior to the incident.

 

“We appreciate the assistance provided us by the Clean Nigeria Associates, the Chevron team, NOSDRA, NUPRC, SPDC and people in the community, particularly the fishermen, who have been of immense assistance since the incident occurred.

ALSO READ  POF: Stakeholders Kick,As CRFFN Moves To Scuttle VP Osinbajo Ease Of Doing Business Ideas

 

“Members of the public should continue to keep away from the area while our Crisis Management Team monitors developments in the investigations and update all stakeholders with new information accordingly.” said In a statement signed by CEO Ikemefuna Okafor and obtained by Channels Television on Saturday,

 

Comments are closed.