Customize Consent Preferences

We use cookies to help you navigate efficiently and perform certain functions. You will find detailed information about all cookies under each consent category below.

The cookies that are categorized as "Necessary" are stored on your browser as they are essential for enabling the basic functionalities of the site. ... 

Always Active

Necessary cookies are required to enable the basic features of this site, such as providing secure log-in or adjusting your consent preferences. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data.

No cookies to display.

Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.

No cookies to display.

Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.

No cookies to display.

Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.

No cookies to display.

Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with customized advertisements based on the pages you visited previously and to analyze the effectiveness of the ad campaigns.

No cookies to display.

The news is by your side.

- Advertisement -

FIRE OUTBREAK: Aiteo Restores Normalcy To Nembe Creek Trunk Line

Aiteo Oil and Gas  on Tuesday confirmed that the fire outbreak which occurred on Sunday along its Nembe Creek Trunk Line (NCTL) in Bayelsa State had been put out.

The spokesman of the oil firm, Ndiana Matthew,who disclosed this to newsmen in statement, said that a security team deployed in the impacted facility conducted further inspections at various times on Monday and confirmed that the fire was totally contained.

According to him,the Joint Task Force on security team has confirmed that sabotage of the pipeline at Awoba was responsible; and has identified some culprits, and is set to act as is necessary.

- Advertisement -

ALSO READ  FG Orders NNPC To Take Over OML 11 From Shell

- Advertisement -

The statement read in part: “In line with regulatory requirements, a Joint Investigation Visit (JIV) comprising security and regulatory agencies as well as community representatives and Aiteo personnel will be constituted and deployed to the site to attend to the necessary incident formalities.

“This team is expected at the incident site imminently.

- Advertisement -

“Aiteo is working on further site preparation and mobilisation of specialised equipment to the swamps for further remedial action to facilitate a quick return to full functionality.

“Further information will be made available as soon as these occur.”

The company had on Sunday declared a force majeure on the fire incident, which community people said emanated from the Aiteo pipeline.

ALSO READ  Wike Accuses Oil Rig Workers Of 60% Coronavirus Cases In Rivers State

It stated in a statement that it had immediately sent an emergency response team after it was informed of a fire outbreak by the surveillance team.

“Our operations emergency response team was immediately activated and following its urgent intervention and containment action, we are constrained to shut in injection as well as other related operations into the NCTL.

“In accordance with standard procedure, we requested the other injectors to do same,”  Aiteo said.

 

Comments are closed.