Customize Consent Preferences

We use cookies to help you navigate efficiently and perform certain functions. You will find detailed information about all cookies under each consent category below.

The cookies that are categorized as "Necessary" are stored on your browser as they are essential for enabling the basic functionalities of the site. ... 

Always Active

Necessary cookies are required to enable the basic features of this site, such as providing secure log-in or adjusting your consent preferences. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data.

No cookies to display.

Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.

No cookies to display.

Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.

No cookies to display.

Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.

No cookies to display.

Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with customized advertisements based on the pages you visited previously and to analyze the effectiveness of the ad campaigns.

No cookies to display.

The news is by your side.

- Advertisement -

CORONAVIRUS: LASG Bans Religious Activities For Four Weeks

The Lagos State Government on Wednesday ,  advised both christian and muslim bodies to suspend religious gathering to avoid the spread of coronavirus.

The state government suggested that large number of religious gathering of above 50 people within an enclosure should be suspended for about a month.

The State Government took the decision at a meeting with religious bodies in the state.

- Advertisement -

- Advertisement -

The religious bodies include the Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN and Muslim leaders,even as a 15-member committee was constituted.

- Advertisement -

According to a communique read after the meeting held in Lagos, Southwest Nigeria, Commissioner for Home Affairs, Prince Anofiu Elegushi said the suspension would last for four weeks, with necessary review carried out if need be.

ALSO READ  Lagos Fire Service Prevents Destruction Of Multi-Million Property In Lekki

The commissioner said all the groups in attendance agreed that all large religious gathering of over 50 people should be suspended with immediate effect.

Elegushi added that a committee had been set up to monitor the enforcement of the suspension to ensure that both Muslims and Christians in the state abide by the decision.

Elegushi also said the meeting agreed that the state government should embark on massive sensitisation of people at the grassroots on the need to embrace proper hygiene.

Present at the meeting were the Lagos Chairman of Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Alexander Bamgbola and Grand Chief Imam of Lagos state, Sheikh Suleiman Abou Nolla and other regional religious leaders from all over the state.

ALSO READ  Embarrassment As Israel Rejects Nigerian Pilgrims

Comments are closed.