Customize Consent Preferences

We use cookies to help you navigate efficiently and perform certain functions. You will find detailed information about all cookies under each consent category below.

The cookies that are categorized as "Necessary" are stored on your browser as they are essential for enabling the basic functionalities of the site. ... 

Always Active

Necessary cookies are required to enable the basic features of this site, such as providing secure log-in or adjusting your consent preferences. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data.

No cookies to display.

Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.

No cookies to display.

Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.

No cookies to display.

Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.

No cookies to display.

Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with customized advertisements based on the pages you visited previously and to analyze the effectiveness of the ad campaigns.

No cookies to display.

The news is by your side.

- Advertisement -

Buhari Ordered Ganduje To Dethrone Sanusi–Kwankwaso

A former governor of Kano Rabiu Kwankwaso has accused President Muhammadu Buhari of orchestrating the dethronement of Muhammad Sanusi lI as the Emir of Kano.

 

Mr Kwankwaso who appointed Mr Sanusi ll as the 14th Emir of Kano in 2014 told BBC Hausa on Wednesday that “Kano state government officials have been saying they were directed to dethrone Mr Sanusi ll. He (Buhari) instructed them.”

 

He alleged that contrary to claims that Mr Buhari had intervened in the Kano emirate crisis, “we believe here in Kano that he (Buhari) interferes where he wishes.”

ALSO READ  PDP Appoints Zamfara State Caretaker Committee

 

- Advertisement -

- Advertisement -

The former governor also said President Buhari “doesn’t interfere where his intervention is needed, but interferes on issues he is supposed to be neutral about.”

 

The federal government is yet to officially react to the dethronemment of Mr Sanusi. However Mr Buhari had earlier said he did not have the constitutional powers to intervene in the crisis between Mr Ganduje and Mr Sanusi.

 

Mr Kwankwaso described the removal of Sanusi as a sad incident to Kano, Nigeria and the entire world, adding that “the emir (Sanusi) is a global citizen.”

ALSO READ  2023 ELECTIONS: Defence Ministry , NAF Declare Readiness To Support INEC

 

- Advertisement -

According to him no responsible government would dethrone Mr Sanusi.

 

The former governor also dismissed allegations that he queried Mr Sanusi twice during his tenure.

 

“I have never issued a query to His Highness the Emir of Kano,” he said.

 

The opposition leader also denied the allegation that Kwankwasiyya loyalists have contributed to fueling the crisis between Messrs Ganduje and Sanusi.

 

He said to the best of his knowledge, Mr Sanusi’s sin against Mr Ganduje was his statement that whoever won the 2019 governorship election in Kano should be given his mandate.

ALSO READ  Court Dismisses Timi Alibe’s Suit, Affirms Douye Diri As Governor

 

Mr Kwankwaso also lamented what he described as the humiliation of the deposed monarch as disrespect to Kano people.

Comments are closed.