Customize Consent Preferences

We use cookies to help you navigate efficiently and perform certain functions. You will find detailed information about all cookies under each consent category below.

The cookies that are categorized as "Necessary" are stored on your browser as they are essential for enabling the basic functionalities of the site. ... 

Always Active

Necessary cookies are required to enable the basic features of this site, such as providing secure log-in or adjusting your consent preferences. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data.

No cookies to display.

Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.

No cookies to display.

Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.

No cookies to display.

Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.

No cookies to display.

Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with customized advertisements based on the pages you visited previously and to analyze the effectiveness of the ad campaigns.

No cookies to display.

The news is by your side.

- Advertisement -

3 policemen killed as robbers attack Nasarawa Deputy Gov.

Suspected armed robbers on Tuesday attacked the convoy of Nasarawa State Deputy Governor, Dr Emmanuel Akabe, killing three policemen and a civilian.

 

Akabe was on his way to Abuja on an official engagement when the convoy ran into the robbers who were operating few kilometres away from Akwanga at about 6pm.

 

ASP Usman Samaila, Police Public Relations Officer of the state Police Command confirmed the incident to the Newsmen  in Lafia.

 

- Advertisement -

- Advertisement -

Samaila however did not give details, saying the commissioner of Police, Bola Longe had led a team of officers to the scene to assess the situation.

ALSO READ  ‘I Don’t Want To Be Killed’ — Abducted Aid worker Begs FG

 

- Advertisement -

“As I speak with you now, the Commissioner of Police, the Deputy Commissioner Operations and other high ranking officers of the command have gone to the scene of the incident,” Samaila said.

 

Meanwhile, one of those in the convoy, said the armed robbers opened fire on the convoy before fleeing.

 

According to him, three policemen and a driver were shot and killed by the armed robbers and their corpses have been deposited at the Dalhatu Araf Specialist Hospital Lafia.

 

The deputy governor who was unhurt but looking shaky, was at the hospital but did not speak to journalists on the incident.

ALSO READ  Adeleke Blasts Oyetola: "Dancing is dignifying than professional Treasury looting

Comments are closed.