Customize Consent Preferences

We use cookies to help you navigate efficiently and perform certain functions. You will find detailed information about all cookies under each consent category below.

The cookies that are categorized as "Necessary" are stored on your browser as they are essential for enabling the basic functionalities of the site. ... 

Always Active

Necessary cookies are required to enable the basic features of this site, such as providing secure log-in or adjusting your consent preferences. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data.

No cookies to display.

Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.

No cookies to display.

Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.

No cookies to display.

Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.

No cookies to display.

Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with customized advertisements based on the pages you visited previously and to analyze the effectiveness of the ad campaigns.

No cookies to display.

The news is by your side.

- Advertisement -

We will go on strike October 16 — NLC

Organised labour on Wednesday threatened to embark on a nationwide strike from October 16, if the Federal Government fails to reconvene the meeting of the committee negotiating the consequential adjustment on the new minimum wage.

 

The NLC and TUC at a meeting with the Joint National Public Service Negotiating Council (JNPSNC) – Trade Union Side) in Abuja, warned that labour would not guarantee industrial peace in the country if their demands were not met by government.

 

The Federal Government and organized labour have been unable to reach a deal over a new wage that came into effect more than six months ago.

ALSO READ  BREAKING: Atiku Loses At Supreme Court

 

- Advertisement -

- Advertisement -

In a statement jointly signed by NLC the President, Ayuba Wabba, his TUC counterpart, Quadri Olaleye and Simon Anchaver, Acting Chairman of JNPSNC (Trade Union Side), the unionists said that labour had all along demonstrated restraint and patience with government.

 

- Advertisement -

“Despite this patriotic gesture, government has kept insisting that it can only pay 11 per cent for officers on grade levels 07-14 and 6.5 per cent consequential wage increase to public workers for officers on levels 15-17.

 

“The nonchalant attitude of the government negotiating side has dragged negotiations for consequential wages adjustment unduly.

ALSO READ  FG Orders DSS To Handover Sowore Case To Them

 

“We view the position of government as a show of insensitivity to the general plight of workers and an attempt to collect with the left hand what government has offered with the right hand.

 

“We demand the reconvening of the meeting of the committee negotiating the consequential adjustment with a view to concluding the process that started on May 28 within one week.

 

“We demand immediate implementation of the signed agreement on consequential adjustment of public workers’ salaries with effect from April 18 when the new national minimum wage of N 30, 000 per month was signed into law.” They said.

ALSO READ  Banks Are Behind Unemployment In Nigeria - Kogi Senator Smart Adeyemi

Comments are closed.